This is issue #154 of the Dogwaffler of the Moment, a sporadic newsletter about Project Dogwaffle.
Free At Last!
PD Artist 11.4 - one day only... -The- day.
This newsletter can also be found here:
https://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/newsletter/154-Free-At-LastDid you miss the prior newsletter?
153-Here-we-are-2019To catch up with learning your ways with Dogwaffle by reading earlier issues of the newsletter, start here:
The home of Project Dogwaffle: squirreldome.com
We've had another update!
Now shipping Build 25 for PD Howler 2019 and also for PD Artist 2019PD version 12 is also known as 2019. There have been several builds over time, and some of them have been released.
We just released build number 25, for PD Howler 2019 as well as for PD Artist 2019.
The testing has been limited. If you notice new issues, please report them so we can keep improving.
If you already ordered from thebest3d.com through our BMTmicro store, you can simply re-use your existing download links that you received with the delivery email. They last 365 days, unless they get blocked for some reasons. If you are connected via DSL and the IP address of your internet service provider changes daily, that may explain it. If you moved or travelled and download from different place, that also could do it. If you downloaded too many times, it could explain it. If you gave the downlaod link to someone else, that definitely will block it. Regardless of the reason:
If you are having difficulty with your downloads from your legitimate bmtmicro links, please contact Philip: www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/about
- If you ordered it from the developer, (Dan Ritchie at Squirreldome via Paypal/Dropbox) directly, please give him a few days to send new download notices,... in 2-3 weeks if you haven't seen an email from Dan, contact him. Beware that he doesn't have constant internet access, it may day a day or two or more with bad weather and flu seasons.
- If you haven't upgraded to v12/2019 yet, there's still time. This is just the beginning.
- To get yours start here: https://www.thebest3d.com/sales
If you find our current pricing out of your budget, don't despair. We also have lowered the prices of the older version 11.4.
Plus, see below for a 1-day free giveaway of v11.
What's new in build 25?Here are a few notes:Build 16
You can see shortcut links or scroll down to see the news for various builds, including #25.
- This build focuses on removing the flash when selecting certain types of media.
- More bug fixes and performance improvements involving media selection and preview in build 17
- Media preview was inappropriately affected by zoom level.
- The effect of paper textures is now shown in the media preview.
- Other various bug fixes.
- Build 20 adds the media name on the media preview.
You too may like having the media name in the preview, it's one of the things that kept some of us from using the side media preview. On lighter media, it tends to disappear, but there is not much that can be done with that. That was predicted. We just hadn't had time to engineer the perfect solution for everything. Just throwing things in there and seeing if they stick.
You can hover over the medias and get the name in a tooltip, too.
Well, it got cut a little short, guess we could roll out version / build 21, ....
Here's the features:
Build 23 focuses on flood fill.
- A number of bug fixes and performances improvements related to media preview
- media preview now shows the effect of paper texture
- media preview was incorrectly affected by zoom and pen color
- media preview is about 2x faster
- preview now shows the name of the media
- media preview could occasionally show corrupted resultsBuild 24Rebuilding The Flood - Fill (Library) with more stack memory. Tested in up to 4k.Not sure if this affects (preferably benefits) magic wand selections, or just flood fill.Let's test some more.
Build 25 - release it, babiiiie!
- increases stack size for flood fill so it shouldn't crash in higher resolutions.
Fixed a crash in Quick Color Picker if media was different than the one selected on the sidebar
Hi to all our Howler users!
Today, we are releasing build 25 of Howler 2019.
Today's build includes a slew of bug fixes and refinements. Here's a recap:
- Media preview now shows media name
- Media preview is about 2x faster
- Addressed issue with flood fill and selection stick running out of stack space on larger images
- Addressed issue with corrupt scanline showing occasionally when zoomed
- The effect of paper texture is now shown in the media preview
- Fixed corrupt media preview showing with certain media
- Fixed issue with media preview incorrectly scaled
- Fixed the occasional flash when selecting certain kinds of media
- Fixed a potential crash if the selected media category was different from the quick color picker
- Fixed a potential crash if image was smaller than the media preview
For the Howler edition, here are checksums so you can see that you have the proper, right version. Don't accept fakes.
Filename of the installer = Name: Howler_2019_0025.exe
Size: exactly 109,776,894 bytes (about 104 megabytes)
We will show the same info for PD Artist 2019.25 as well online.
One of the key improvements is better handling of very high res images, such as 8k x 8k. Sample 8k heightmaps at https://www.thebest3d.com/landscapes/8ktober
It's not endlessly perfect yet, but making good progress. We hope you like the experience.
the Impossible Partner Competition. Dogwaffle and Twistedbrush
You could win a free copy of one or the other.
Need help getting ready for the contest? Don't have your Dogwaffle yet? Try the free v11 Trial or the free v9 Home Learning Edition for older PCs
Or just Buy the latest and greatest - yeah, it's that cheap! Our promise: You'll have some change left for your coffee fix ;-)
It's coming soon - for details check https://www.thebest3d.com/competition
Upgrades from v11 from Daz / SteamIf you have v11, you can get at least 50% off discount for upgrading with new full installer. Possibly even more if you bought it very recently, including if you bought it on Steam. Just ask us.
- We will likely bring v12 (2019) to Daz3d soon. If you want to spend some Dazbucks, stay tuned.
- Not sure about Steam at the moment. We're waiting for some developments. If you can't wait further, we suggest you don't - Get it directly from us, knowing it will run outside of Steam.
Need Royalty-free photos for a project?
We like these. Even for your commercial uses. CHeck their licenses. Awesomesauce.
Unsplash.com - at https://unsplash.com | Morguefile.com - at https://morguefile.com
We support Lightforms.cc - Lightforms: because at the end of the tunnel, light comes in many forms. Learn more about AR (Augmented Reality), much better than DR (Demented Reality - when things go really crazy(!)) - because in our world, in Dogwaffle's universe, DR stands for Dan Ritchie! Learn more about DR at squirreldome.com
Hotter because it's powered by block-chain technology from WavesPlatform.com ... from the brightess mathematicians, OpenSource, fast(!)... And who doesn't like collectible toys, right?
Learn about the coolest 3D project in hyperspace, this side of the New Year!
This is going to be for you, my dear creative minds.Stay tuned, this is gonna be fun, and big. Make that.... HUGE!
If you are a software developer with experience in crypto, in AR, VR, 3D printing, and other visionary technologies, you should be drooling by now. Jopin us.
There's a snapshot of the growing team. Early adopters welcome.
Back to now: Surprise promotion!
extended Through Sunday Jan.13
automagic discount - 20% off, no coupon needed.
Only for PD Artist + Howler 12 (aka 2019)
But wait... that's today? Ok, let's extend it a few days? Done. OK, extended for a few more days.
Missed it?Stay tuned for competitions and announcements - Bookmark us!
And Join the Newsletter
New! - In the spirit of a better world with open communications and transparency:
Our Next Scheduled Promotion?
PD Artist 11 - Free at last!
Only on Martin Luther King Day
1 day only.
But, wait... there's more!
Do you know a child or friend who likes to draw?
A little Rembrandt, Renoir? Picasso or Matisse?
Set them free too!
Use this coupon : FreeAtLast
Order PD Artist 11 on MLK day!
(be sure to enter your discount coupon in the order form after selecing PD Artist. There may be another pre-selected discount, but only FreeAtLast will give it to you for 100% off the full regular price that day of MLK holiday.)
After MLK day's free giveaway, it will still give you 50% off for a week or two.
This promo also qualifies for subsequent discounts on upgrades to newer versions and/or sidegrades to PD Howler.
New Dogwafflers of the Moment:
Just started to learn digital techniques - stay tuned for updates in coming weeks:
Korean Fine Art in San Diego: www.ArtForever212.com
Coming Soon: Joshua Peters, writing about his experience as a game developer
We may have a few new tutorials, check the playlists - https://www.youtube.com/user/pdhowler/playlists
Play Music while Painting - travel with Romy Wave
We continue to enjoy and discover the tunes and voice of Romy Wave - if you'd like to sponsor another artist, check her page on Patreon.com - for $1 a month, you're in. For $3 a month, your name goes on the credits list of her next music video, and you get to meet her dog. Take it from Dogwaffle - Woof woof!
Do you like to Explore? Do you et your mind Travel? Are you Curious?
And once again, that's all folks, well for now. Thanks for waffling and howling! Team Dogwaffle
No longer interested? I am devastated... now I am the Goddess of Sadness!
but still, if you must...
To remove yourself from our newsletter, please unsubscribe here: http://www.thebest2d.com/feedback/
Thanks. It's been a privilege to have you. Hope you see you again, somewhere between the pixelated slopes of Mount Howler and the pigmented grasslands of Artistan.
The good news: You can also use the above link to take other steps: such as to add yourself back as a new recipient of our sporadic newsletter, or to change your email address on our records by adding yourself with a new email address and then requesting to remove the old email address. Or, contact us, Phil and Dan, here with clear instructions about which one of your multiple emails to add or remove, or with any other questions: http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/about - Please do not send attachments unless invited to do so and beware of the format and file sizes.
All content presented herein is owned by their respective owners. No reproduction is permitted without written consent from the copyright holder. Trademarks and registered trademarks are used for identification purposes only. No affiliation, endorsement or commercial favors are implied or intended.